(ABOVE IMAGE: PHOTO I SNAPPED ON THE WAY BACK TO VEGAS AND MADE A BITMAP EGG OUT OF IT ON AVIARY.COM. NOT A HUGE DEAL, BUT A NEW GRAPHIC FRONTIER AND EXPLORATION, SO, YAHOO. )
And Now, Word of Twilight is ANIMUS
- “the mind, in a great variety of meanings: the rational soul in man, intellect, consciousness, will, intention, courage, spirit, sensibility, feeling, passion, pride, vehemence, wrath, etc., the breath, life, soul”
- closely related to anima, which is a feminine form; see anima.
- The basic impulses and instincts which govern one’s actions.
- A feeling of enmity, animosity or ill will.
- “The current row arose swiftly, sparked both by historical animus and jockeying over future power and place in Asia – and it surprised many observers in the depth of antipathy on both sides.” — Christian Science Monitor, April 22, 2005
- (Jungian psychology) The masculine aspect of the feminine psyche or personality.
Latin Noun: animus (genitive animī) m, second declension–>mind, soul
- Tibi bene ex animo volo.
- I wish you well with all my heart.
- Animus se ipse alit.
- The mind nourishes itself.
NOTE TO SELF:
- RESEARCH MORE METAPSYCHOLOGY.
- GO BACK TO THE ARTICLE YOU LEFT OFF ON THE LINKED PAGE
- The Ego Tunnel, Review